Changing the plastic crystal on a Rolex Watch, is easy and quick. Once you have the correct crystal, and are ready to take the watch apart, jump in and get it done.
The steps you’ll need to perform are outlined below…
- Remove the case back by unscrewing it with the correct opener
- Remove the stem and crown from the watch movement
- Remove the watch movement from the case, and place it in a safe spot so it does not get damaged.
- Using a razor blade, gently pry the bezel off the watch case, being careful not to cut yourself or damage or scratch the watch case. (See the video below)
- Remove the bezel, then the crystal.
- Clean the watch case and Bezel
- Screw the watch crown with its stem back into the case so that you can see the stems location from the top of the watch case.
- Test fit the new crystal, making sure that the magnifying lens is centered over the stem of the watch.
- With the crystal in place, put the bezel onto the crystal, surrounding it.
- Using your crystal press, with the correct size dies, place the case onto the press, applying pressure onto the bezel to seat it properly as seen in the video below.
- Make sure the case and crystal are clean and free of debris.
- Remove the step and crown.
- Insert the movement back into the watch case.
- Place the stem and crown back into the watch movement, once seated, tighten the movement in place.
- Place the case back onto the case, and screw it in place with the correct die.
If you don’t have a case or crystal press, check this one out here…